Saturday, December 31, 2011

Piano Butch Plays Jazz and Blues (Album Part One)

Okay, I have to admit it. One of my special and favorite friends is Emanuela de Paula, who is one of the 2011 Victoria Secret "Angels".  You see, I know her as the precious little Kendra. She is awake and alive and holds my heart for every success.  I hope success does not destroy how anchored she is to reality.  I met her when she was a child and have prayed God's protection over her every day since. 


The Girl From Ipanema


Another Day At The Depot - the Obama Economy


When that precious soul sung "Strange Fruit" she was so much more brave than me recording

Trenchcoat, Traitors, Heroes and Spys (pay attention!)




Depot Blues (my favorite piano riff) 


I wrote this in 1964. My buddy Bruce Martin and I recorded the McNasty Strut in 1987.  (notice the bodyguard's face -look familiar?  Twenty years later - go to The Girl From Ipanema recording and add 20 years. ) 


Your Are The Sunshine of My Life (Dedicated to the Lord Of All Life).


Giant Steps (Dedicated to my children, great and grand children.)


This Song Represents the Struggle and the JOY of living.  If today I was born anew and asked, "Who do you want to be?"  I would say "ME."  Why?  Well, I would not trade my experience of life with anyone who has ever sucked air to survived.  All these videos tell my story.



No comments:

Post a Comment