Monday, January 2, 2012

Piano Butch Plays Some of His Favorite Songs.


Fever

The Days of Wine And Roses

Without You

Georgia

A Song For You

Light My Fire
(Warning Artistic Nudity)


I played flute on this recording when I was a kid.



The Sunshine of My Life

Dock of The Bay

Black Dress

Piano Red
For the history books - Piano Red actually opened for the Beatles using the name "Dr Feelgood." He never had a piano lesson and played from his gut.  Having stood looking over the shoulder of the like of Vladimir Ashkenazy watching them play - I knew that Piano Red had more raw talent than most of the concert artists for whom I've prepared pianos. Ashkenazy, in my opinion played slavishly according to the dots on lines on the page.  Maybe a great thing for a symphony musician in an orchestra, but not so great for a solo artist. And by 1990, I had worked for more than 30 of the top 50 concert artists in the world.

Henry Butler - in the vein of Piano Red.

Henry Butler - Something You Got (Wonder what that could be?)





Five Foot Cutie

The McNasty Strutt

Michelle

Another Day At The Depot

No comments:

Post a Comment